Thursday, August 10, 2006

Censoring the wrong thing

I came across this snippet of "news" on the BBC's website today. So I think the Pussycat Dolls are awful, meretricious examples of the way that sex is supposed to sell anything these days. So I'm even a little pleased that they've been fined for indecency (or, to be fair, their promoter has). However, what they should have been fined for was their crimes against the English language. I know not their songs, so was rather taken aback by the examples quoted in the article, namely: "Don't Cha" and "Stickwitu".

I mean, really. The first sounds as though they are warning against the perils of doing the cha-cha (or, perhaps, brewing one's tea too strong); the second sounds like a brand of glue.

I blame Slade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home