Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Sunny days in Wells

This is my first post from home, so let's hope it works! I thought I'd try sticking up some of my photos of my singing week in Wells for your edification, so here goes...


This one is of the ceiling in the pre-choir, with wonderful vaulting.


This is a view of the cathedral taken from the nave, looking east towards the crossing. The strainer arches look modern, but aren't - the main cathedral dates from the 13th century, and the arches were built in the 14th century to prop up the central tower. You can still see the cracks in the masonry from the damage done due to the tower extension.

A view from the top of the tower, looking down onto the Bishop's Palace. That's croquet they're playing down there!

More to come later.

1 Comments:

At Thu Aug 10, 09:42:00 am, Blogger Dave said...

Meant to say this earlier, but got distracted by floodwater...

I trust, while you were off the coast of N Norfolk - and thus not far from my house - that you waved?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home