Friday, April 28, 2006

Food, glorious food

While not such a gourmet as Gastronomy Domine (I'm seriously considering making her banoffee pie, which sounds gorgeous and easy), I do enjoy food . I treated myself to a chunk of fillet steak yesterday, and now wish I'd photographed the resulting concoction as it was truly delicious (though I say so myself). I made up a vinaigrette of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and whilegrain mustard for a salad of wild rocket leaves and baby tomatoes, then used up the rest of the vinaigrette on the steak, which was frying merrily in olive oil and pepper. The only problem with putting wholegrain mustard in anything that you then fry is that tiny, red hot mustard seeds leap out of the pan coated in hot fat and land on your hand (of course).

Still, I was very pleased with yesterday's dinner - the steak nice and raw inside, sizzling brown on the outside. It's at times like these that I don't miss being a vegetarian.

2 Comments:

At Sat Apr 29, 07:47:00 am, Blogger Dave said...

Mmmm. Food.

Of course, being a highly-tuned athlete, my body being a temple to cricket, I hardly eat anything.

Not.

 
At Sun Apr 30, 07:46:00 am, Blogger Dave said...

Oh yes, and thank you for reminding me that I had some steak in the freezer. That's today's dinner sorted out then.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home